What Is EFT Tapping? A Comprehensive Guide to This Powerful Healing Technique
Have you heard of EFT tapping? Also known as the emotional freedom technique or simply tapping. This is a healing modality that combines ancient acupressure techniques with modern psychology.
EFT tapping involves gently tapping on specific points on the body while focusing on a specific issue or emotion, and it’s been gaining popularity in recent years due to its many benefits.
Benefits of EFT Tapping
One of the primary benefits of EFT tapping is its ability to reduce stress and anxiety. When we tap on the specific acupressure points, we stimulate the body’s energy meridians, which helps to release blockages and restore balance to the body’s energy system. This can lead to a greater sense of calm and relaxation, as well as improved mood and emotional resilience.
In addition to reducing stress and anxiety, EFT tapping has been shown to be effective for a wide range of issues, including:
- Chronic pain
- Weight loss
- Phobias and fears
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Self-esteem issues
Tapping technique to reduce anxiety:
Переглянути цей допис в Instagram
How EFT Tapping Works in the Body
EFT tapping works by tapping on specific points on the body that are located on energy meridians. These energy meridians are channels through which energy flows in the body, and when they become blocked or disrupted, it can lead to a range of physical and emotional symptoms.
By tapping on these points while focusing on a specific issue or emotion, we can stimulate the body’s energy system and help to release any blockages or disruptions. This can lead to a greater sense of calm and relaxation, as well as improved physical and emotional health.
History of EFT Tapping
EFT tapping was developed in the 1990s by Gary Craig, a Stanford engineering graduate and personal performance coach. Craig drew on a range of healing modalities, including acupuncture and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), to create a simple and effective technique that anyone could use.
Over the years, EFT tapping has evolved and expanded, with many practitioners developing their own unique approaches and variations. Today, EFT tapping is widely used by therapists, coaches, and individuals around the world to improve physical and emotional health.
Who Might Want to Try EFT Tapping
If you’re struggling with stress, anxiety, or any of the issues listed above, EFT tapping may be a useful tool to add to your self-care toolkit. However, it’s important to note that EFT tapping is not a substitute for professional medical or psychological treatment, and should be used in conjunction with other forms of therapy.
EFT tapping is generally safe and non-invasive, but there are some people who may want to avoid it. These include:
- People with a history of seizures or epilepsy
- People with serious mental health conditions (EFT tapping can be useful for many mental health issues, but it’s important to work with a qualified mental health professional if you have a serious condition)
Tips for Getting Started With Tapping
If you’re interested in trying EFT tapping for yourself, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Identify the issue or emotion you want to work on. This could be anything from stress or anxiety to chronic pain or self-esteem issues.
- Rate the intensity of the issue on a scale of 0-10. This will help you track your progress as you tap.
- Choose a tapping phrase. This is a short statement that you’ll repeat as you tap.
- Locate the tapping points. There are several tapping points on the body, including the top of the head, the eyebrow, the side of the eye, under the eye, under the nose, the chin, the collarbone, and under the arm. You can find diagrams online to help you locate these points.
- Tap on each point while repeating your tapping phrase. Start at the top of the head and work your way down, tapping each point 5-7 times before moving on to the next one.
- After tapping on all the points, take a deep breath and check in with yourself. How does your issue or emotion feel now? Rate the intensity again on a scale of 0-10.
- Repeat the process as needed. You may need to tap several times on the same issue before you see significant improvement.
Release stress and anxiety to take a few deep breaths:
Переглянути цей допис в Instagram
EFT tapping can be a powerful tool for improving physical and emotional health, but it’s important to approach it with an open mind and a willingness to experiment. Not everyone will experience immediate results, and some people may find that tapping doesn’t work for them at all.
However, for many people, EFT tapping can be a life-changing technique that helps them overcome longstanding issues and live more fulfilling lives. If you’re curious about EFT tapping, why not give it a try and see if it works for you?